Hazmat Private

RIT, Hazmat, Auto-Ex, High Angle and Ropes, Ice/ Water, Confined Spaces, Search & Rescue
FFF1993

Hazmat Private

Postby FFF1993 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:36 am

Hi, I'm currently a pre service student and our course has begun hazmat training. I find this particularly interesting and was wondering if anyone had information on hazmat jobs in the private sector. Specifically in Ontario. What kind of jobs are there? What companies commonly hire people? I would love to look into these sorts of jobs in the future, but am at a loss of where to look. Any help or info on private sector hazmat is extremely appreciated!

TheGuy

Postby TheGuy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:09 am

[quote=""FFF1993""]Hi, I'm currently a pre service student and our course has begun hazmat training. I find this particularly interesting and was wondering if anyone had information on hazmat jobs in the private sector. Specifically in Ontario. What kind of jobs are there? What companies commonly hire people? I would love to look into these sorts of jobs in the future, but am at a loss of where to look. Any help or info on private sector hazmat is extremely appreciated![/quote]

There are tons of private sector companies that provide HazMat clean up, you should check those out, could be cool

Alpinefire

Postby Alpinefire » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:46 pm

I'm currently working for a private hazmat company while I'm getting my NFPA 1001 online. There are definitely lots of private contractors in Ontario. My work has varied from diesel fuel cleanups to confined space rescue to hazmat chemical transfers. PM if you want more details. It's a great industry!