Leaf laugh of the day

Did you hear the one about...
Dubya

Postby Dubya » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:04 pm

How could they be out of the running......they were never, have never and will never be in the running !!!!
Never were? Watch much hockey?

A 40-season drought, and they're in second place for total cups, with 13 to Montreal's 24 and Detroit's 10*. You'd think the Wings coulda caught up more in forty-one years...but I'da thunk my Leafs could have won another cup by now too, so there you go. :p

I'm still thanking Heaven for those Black Hawks!

*Not counting the two cups won by predecessor Toronto teams, the Leafs as such are still in second, but only by one.
"I've met lots of volunteer firefighters, but I've never seen a volunteer fire!"
- R. MacLeod

Supra

Postby Supra » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:59 pm

I was not referring to ancient history......just the last 40 seasons.........your words, not mine !!

nocomment

Postby nocomment » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:02 pm

If Vancouver continues their losing ways we will be joining the buds on the sidelines looking in.

cmollison

Postby cmollison » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ8MdZaqW6E

I'm sure most of have seen this but its a classic.......

Dubya

Postby Dubya » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:31 pm

[quote=""Supra""]I was not referring to ancient history......just the last 40 seasons.........your words, not mine !![/quote]Oh, so "were never" doesn't mean "were never". Is that the New Math I keep hearing about? :p

I've been waiting my whole life. I can wait a little longer. Especially as long as those Black Hawks are still around to make my Leafs look good :D
"I've met lots of volunteer firefighters, but I've never seen a volunteer fire!"
- R. MacLeod

Ispec

A Day of Mourning in the City of Toronto

Postby Ispec » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:43 am

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our dear friend, Mr. Maple Leaf Playoff Hopes III.

Son of M.L. Playoff Hopes II (born Oct. 2006 died April 2007) and grandson to M.L. Playoff Hopes I (born Oct. 2005 died Mar. 2006) and great-grandson to M.L. Playoff Reality (who died tragically at the hands of the infamous sharpshooter Jeremy Roenick)

He will be succeeded only by his embryonic son, M.L. Playoff Hopes IV (due Oct. 2008)

Mr. Hopes died peacefully last night at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston. Having been ill for many months, those who were close to him can accept his passing with a feeling of quietude. However, it is always with startlement and alarm when an important member of the hockey community and a good young boy, takes to the ice with such promise and potential in the fall, only to have it all dashed and drowned in a pathetic pool of blunderous collapse and flagrant inadequacy in the spring.

On this day it may be crass to judge, but one would be remiss if one were to ignore the events that lead to the demise of the man who was, Mr. Maple Leaf Playoff Hopes III.

Mr. Hopes will be remembered for his many trials and tribulations. A manager fired, a mentor never found, the Floridian debacle and the frozen five, are but a few of the reflections we will ponder as the snow melts and the miscues on the ice quickly change to acumen on the greens. Many of you will recall his flirtations with internet innuendo, the stigma of criminal prosecutions and pending jail time, and a devastating 190 foot slapshot that somehow made it through.

Indeed Playoff Hopes III was born a descendent of champion bloodlines. A lineage that hath drank from many a cup. The Maple Leaf family tree’s many branches hold rich and fond memories, but perhaps it is this apple, that hath fallen furthest from the tree.

Many of you called for his abortion! When you first saw that he took ill. Hoping that death in the early onset of his disease would rid the bloodline of the culture that has fermented and to better position his decedents to rein as champions once again!

It was not his fate, as the disease spread, killing all but enough of him that he dragged his beaten, broken body from the dismal valley of season long failure, to the meadows of spring resurgence only to rest at the feet of grim, listless, draft-position-less mediocrity.

He will be terribly missed, by a community that encompasses hockey fans far and wide, in Canada, the USA and the hockey world over. Rest in peace and may the hockey gods have mercy on your soul.

Visitation and funeral to be held at the centre of the hockey universe, 40 Bay St. Toronto, Ontario. $400 a seat for reds, $185 for blues.

StillHopin

Too much.

Postby StillHopin » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:57 am

Amazing work, this post is too much. Good job. I am not a Leaf fan, but my father is a die hard. I will be sure to pass this along to him.

Doug246

leafs out of playoffs

Postby Doug246 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Ahhhh! My favorite time of year!
"It's very important to revert to infantile behaviour for one day a week if you're forced to be an adult for the other six,"

Friends don't let friends cheer for the Toronto Maple Leafs!

Doug246

Postby Doug246 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:29 pm

[quote=""Roadwarrior""]Standing after last night's games.

Senators
1st in Division
1st in Conference
1st in League

'nuff said..... :D [/quote]

Oh Oh...Spoken too soon!!
"It's very important to revert to infantile behaviour for one day a week if you're forced to be an adult for the other six,"

Friends don't let friends cheer for the Toronto Maple Leafs!

Roadwarrior

Postby Roadwarrior » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:20 pm

Yeah...got of to a great start....and then the wheels fell off. Oh well, at least they are in the playoffs !!! (unlike these guys)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!