Golden Fire Chief

Dedicated to those men and women that have made the ultimate sacrifice. It is here that we remember their dedication and selfless actions in the saving of others.
CaptainChaos

Golden Fire Chief

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:16 am

It is with deep regret that we announce the sudden passing of the Town Of Golden (B.C)'s
Fire Chief Ken McClure.

Golden Fire-Rescue, along with the Chief's wife, Gaetane McClure, would like to acknowledge and thank all those for their outpouring of sympathy and support during this difficult time.

A memorial service for Chief Ken McClure will be held this Friday, September 26 at 3 pm at the Golden Civic Centre.

A tea in his honour will be held after at the Golden Fire Hall.

In Lieu of flowers, the family is requesting that donations be made to the Golden Volunteer Firefighter's association.

Please contact us at (250) 344-6401 for more information.

Thank You to everyone who have reached out to us and expressed their condolences during this very difficult time.

The members of Golden fire-rescue.

I am not a member of Golden Fire-rescue, nor am I affiliated with them in any way.

I retyped this from their facebook page as I didn't see anything on this website about the passing of their chief and I wanted to make sure the word got out so as many Firefighters as possible can support them in their time of need.

hmckay91

Postby hmckay91 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:19 am

My condolences to the family and the extended "fire" family on the passing of Ken.

I first met Ken when he was in Cumberland, and competed against him in extrication challenges many years ago. He always was approachable and had good things to say.

Reconnected with Ken when he registed for a Heavy Rescue course and we discussed his vision for Golden Fire.

RIP Ken, you will be missed.
There's never time to do it right but always time to do it over.