Quit job to go to school?

redfawnlily

Quit job to go to school?

Postby redfawnlily » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Hey everyone! I'm new here.

I just confirmed an offer to attend college for PFF in January 2019 as a mature female student. My only worry is that I'd be leaving a full time office job to do so. The pay isn't great, but the job isn't bad, it just likely won't offer part time work for me while I'm back in school.

Looking for opinions from those who have been through this. Is it silly for me to quit my job to go back to school for firefighting? I was looking into that program where you mostly take online courses and then do the 2 week boot camp in Texas... but I think I'd learn much better by being in a live classroom. It's my dream career, however I hear it can be very difficult to secure a job afterwards. Any advice? :flute:

Regards,
redfawnlily

bigsmoke

Re: Quit job to go to school?

Postby bigsmoke » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:35 pm

What province are in and are you willing to move (if required) closer to a large city? I ask to be able to provide an legit answer.
B.S.
"Anyone can be trained to be a firefighter, it takes brains to survive"

firerecruit22

Postby firerecruit22 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:19 am

Check out the Southwest Fire Academy program. It’s more hands on then the Texas program but still allows you to work at your own pace and potentially keep your job. Just another option! Good luck!

RopeRescue101

Postby RopeRescue101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Follow your dreams!!! You only live once, the online 2 week boot camps are great also for NFPA 1001 firefighter 1-2. Pre service I can’t speak on as much . Only one go at this life, make it count