Badges

General equipment discussion.
dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:00 pm

[quote=""capteddie""]Seems to me that maybe volunteers are just proud to be firefighters & don't mind showing it. I got no problem with that. IMHO Keep your union stickers to yourself. Not many other unions advertise, & walk aroud Look at me I'm a member of the USW local 235... Big deal.[/quote]

I am more prouder than you.I show it by posing in calenders and going to bars and telling hot chicks im a FF and I find em hot and leave em wet.

Maybe I should just buy a badge and wear like the detectives on law and order.

Seen lotsa union proud stickers all over the place there cap,biggest union pushers....ironworkers.Dont believe me,just ask one.

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

FFbeaumont

Postby FFbeaumont » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:17 pm

[quote=""Profire""]I've always found a IAFF decal much better for getting out of a ticket than a badge[/quote]

What about having one of those flashy green light thingys? Would that get you out of a speeding ticket?............

FFPP

Postby FFPP » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:19 pm

OK theres way to many wallet types and badge styles........ anyone have a style they like?

kriand

Postby kriand » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:46 pm

[quote=""FFPP""]OK theres way to many wallet types and badge styles........ anyone have a style they like?[/quote]

If you want/need a badge, check what the rest of your dept has and get that style. Then you're all the same ;)

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:36 pm

[quote=""FFPP""]OK theres way to many wallet types and badge styles........ anyone have a style they like?[/quote]

i like this one

http://firehallstore.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=514

Or this one

http://www.kssirens.com/cart.php?target ... ory_id=119

Dentedhead
ps sorry boutthe competitor but you dont carry these "special" badges
Last edited by dentedhead on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

irsqyu

Postby irsqyu » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:26 pm

[quote=""dentedhead""]i like this one

http://firehallstore.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=514

Or this one

http://www.kssirens.com/cart.php?target ... ory_id=119

Dentedhead
ps sorry boutthe competitor but you dont carry these "special" badges[/quote]

Thanks for finding that DH, as you can see they can customize them and at only $3.95 I will be able to afford one on my fixed income.
I should be able to get out of lots of tickets with this baby!

Of course I am going to miss the beaver I have enjoyed viewing with my current badge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by irsqyu on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added pic of The Beav
"The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work."

Profire

Postby Profire » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:43 am

[quote=""capteddie""]Seems to me that maybe volunteers are just proud to be firefighters & don't mind showing it. I got no problem with that. IMHO Keep your union stickers to yourself. Not many other unions advertise, & walk aroud Look at me I'm a member of the USW local 235... Big deal.[/quote]

Really? Maybe you just have a low class sort of union membership where you live. I see all sorts of people wearing union paraphenaelia all the time, perhaps thwy are just proud to be union members & don't mind showing it?
Professional Union Firefighter and proud of it![sigpic][/sigpic]

Profire

Postby Profire » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:45 am

[quote=""FFbeaumont""]What about having one of those flashy green light thingys? Would that get you out of a speeding ticket?............[/quote]

Only if you run into a volunteer police officer

Profire

Postby Profire » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:48 am

[quote=""irsqyu""]Thanks for finding that DH, as you can see they can customize them and at only $3.95 I will be able to afford one on my fixed income.
I should be able to get out of lots of tickets with this baby!

Of course I am going to miss the beaver I have enjoyed viewing with my current badge.[/quote]

That second one kind of looks like a guy wearing sunglasses, with a beaver on his head.........

capteddie

Postby capteddie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:23 pm

[quote=""Profire""]Really? Maybe you just have a low class sort of union membership where you live. I see all sorts of people wearing union paraphenaelia all the time, perhaps thwy are just proud to be union members & don't mind showing it?[/quote]

No suprise with that post. Since your profile pic is your union logo.
I'm just not a fan of unions. Whats the CAW done for the auto workers latley ? Oh yeah, & I feel soo bad for the cupie workers in TO. Suck it up & be glad you have a job in these days.

By the way, the working class around here are not low class.