Voyageur’s Patient Transfer

cdnatsis

Postby cdnatsis » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:20 am

[quote=""FLASHOVER05""]Do you need your York or Brock?[/quote]

Im not sure what u mean by York or Brock? It doesnt matter if you have completed university if thats what you are asking. Consideration is given to people who are in the paramedic or firefighter course HOWEVER if you arent that wont hinder your chances. What is needed for the PTA position is the following:

1) Emergency First Responder Training *if you dont have this thats ok, Voyageur can enter you into a course to get the training prior to starting work*
2) First Aid/CPR Level C
3) All immunizations up to date
4) Clean Abstract
5) G licence or higher
6) Clean criminal background check.

iwillbe

Postby iwillbe » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 pm

haha, Pay is less than OPT or Skymedical and and doesn't offer any health or dental benefits which both other companies do. Looks like Ambutrans 2.0. Don't waste your time with this ladies and gents. Patient transfer companies don't pay well as it is. But this one is even below the industry standard.
Last edited by iwillbe on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdnatsis

comparing voyageur to opt/ambutrans

Postby cdnatsis » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:19 pm

we do offer health care benefits to our employees. you dont know anything about Voyageur so its very immature of you to make generalizations and assumptions about a company you havent researched. Our standards for hire are higher than OPT's and AmbuTrans. Voyageur offers many opportunities for growth and advancement where as OPT and AmbuTrans did not. We make sure our vehicles are regularly serviced and in good working condition. None of the transport vehicles in our fleet are older than 2006 and all trucks have their ORIGINAL working parts. We also have pay increase modules in place so that our attendants can earn more money in a quicker time period. We put all attendees through F licence training and make sure every attendant has EFR training so that we can provide the best quality care to our patients.
Next time it would be appreciative if proper investigation and research was put into comments as opposed to making assumptions about the nature of our business and what we offer. If you are not one of our employees or know one of our employees directly you will never have adquate knowledge of our buisiness operations.

iwillbe

Postby iwillbe » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:06 am

I don't think it's fair for you to say I am immature. Afterall, as a recruiter it would better to avoid insulting those in the firehall community. Voyageur was underbid by Ambutrans several years ago for the Toronto Area hospitals such as St Josephs, Scarborough General, Humber Finch and Toronto Western. This resulted in the company leaving the Toronto Area and its patient transfer industry. Since then Voyageur has returned and been awarded several contracts previously tendered by Ambutrans. Due to fleet limitations they requested several other companies to fulfill their contract obligations until they are capable of doing so themselves. They are based in London and are hoping to operate a base in Etobicoke and Scarborough. They have also recently acquired a supervisor from OPT to oversee the operations in Toronto. Voyageur is not unionized and operates a variety of transportation services in London. How did I do?

ABLemployment

Voyageur hiring in Kitchener-Waterloo & GTA

Postby ABLemployment » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:19 pm

[quote=""donny55""]Dose anyone know how much you would make a hour working for Voyageur Patient Transfer in London ontario. Also are they 12 hour shifts and do you know how the shift rotation would work and would they be any over time after so many hours . thanks for the help[/quote]

Hello Donny55

Voyageur has hired my company, ABL Employment, to screen and hire for the just-anounced Kitchener-Waterloo positions. We will be hiring over 70 people.
Full time, part time, weekends... they are very flexible.

We are also running the GTA project announced late 2011. There are still about 80 positions available in the GTA area project.

The pay rates range between $12 to $20 per hour, depending on experience and training.
For the experienced patient transfer professional, there is also the opportunity to become a broker and run your own team/truck.

These positions are great for people looking for a more steady and predictable schedule (they will provide a work schedule in advance, none of this "call in daily to see if there's work" business that some of their competitors practice.).

These opportunities are great for full time people, students, or people looking to suppliment their existing income from another job.

Apply now online, it takes less than 3 minutes to do:
go to ablemployment.com

Click on job # 7803 for Kitchener-Waterloo area positions, and job # 7753 for GTA area positions.

Pickupman

Postby Pickupman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:53 pm

Ive applied and Im hoping I get the call,I have almost 3 years experience in a paid on call fire hall and im in a pre service fire program. just looking to make a change from a support worker job to something more oriented towards my end goal.

anyone know how active they are hiring in the london area or if there is a large database of resumes already in?

JCARNEY

Postby JCARNEY » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:49 pm

So how is the pay calculated? I have my AEMCA and a year of patient transfer experience. I am looking at changing companies but am interested in the pay difference.

thanks

command

Postby command » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 am

[quote=""Pickupman""]Ive applied and Im hoping I get the call,I have almost 3 years experience in a paid on call fire hall and im in a pre service fire program. just looking to make a change from a support worker job to something more oriented towards my end goal.

anyone know how active they are hiring in the london area or if there is a large database of resumes already in?[/quote]

the turn over in employees is quite high, with most of the staff being medic students and such. if youve applied and havnt heard anything, go in and talk to the supervisor. the management is really good there, at least when i was there they were. you might even get an interview on the spot if they are not busy.

command

Postby command » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:34 am

[quote=""JCARNEY""]So how is the pay calculated? I have my AEMCA and a year of patient transfer experience. I am looking at changing companies but am interested in the pay difference.

thanks[/quote]

alot may have changed since i left and they have all these new contracts, but when i was there, you started at 11 an hour, and every certain amount of hours (i think it was somewhere between 500 and 700) you ghet a .25 cent raise..... maxing out around 14.50/hr

Pickupman

Postby Pickupman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 am

[quote=""command""]the turn over in employees is quite high, with most of the staff being medic students and such. if youve applied and havnt heard anything, go in and talk to the supervisor. the management is really good there, at least when i was there they were. you might even get an interview on the spot if they are not busy.[/quote]

thanks,Ill stop in for sure,its been a few weeks now with nothing.