PEI Gov't plans ambulance merger

Buckster

Postby Buckster » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:39 am

Most of the medics I know are looking forward to the change-over....at least here in Region 2.....alot of very unhappy campers.....EHS also has a good rep. for working with FD, which will be cool.....considering the AHSC hasnt really been "hands-on" in any way since we signed our EMS agreement back in 95.......I heard the change over happens in Sept, Nov, or Feb.....Anyone?????
I may not know karate, but I know KA-razy, and I'm not afraid to use it!

ffmedic38

Postby ffmedic38 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:18 am

smoke286 wrote:Ladymedic, my unerstanding is that in each of the provinces tha these companies took over in eastern Canada that the provincial budget was immediatly doubled
I don't know the exact $ figure, but yes, the budget did grow. Again, take into account that before the take-over, we were basically a taxi system with defibs. We now provide many lifesaving interventions at both the BLS and ALS levels which requires on-going education, province-wide standardized ambulances and equipment, province-wide dispatch, etc. All this comes with an associated price tag.

Once again, please visit http://www.emci.ca and http://www.gov.ns.ca/health/ehs
Facts still exist, even if they are ignored.

smoke286

Postby smoke286 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:39 pm

All this comes with an associated price tag.
So does providing share holders with a profit. No one is denying any EMS system could be more efficiently, I just can't help thinking, if the system was properly run, and the budget was doubled,without needing to pay shareholders a profit, then you could have a world class system.
24/7, as long as the city can afford the O/T

slcmedic

Ontario Student Needing Information

Postby slcmedic » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:32 pm

Hello Everyone.

My name is Meggie and I am a 2nd year Paramedic Student in Ontario. In one of our classes we have been assigned a project to learn about and provide a presentation for our class on how EMS Services are run across the country. We were assigned PEI, but unfortunately have not had much luck finding information online.
We have found all of the articles about your recent changes (including this message board) but not much else. And the InfoPEI page comes up blank.
I was wondering if any of you would either be able to provide us with some information or point us in the right direction!

Any help would be extremely appreciated! You can PM me and I will send you my email address!

Thanks and all the best!
Meggie Cashman

DCCHam

Postby DCCHam » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:02 pm

slcmedic wrote:Hello Everyone.

My name is Meggie and I am a 2nd year Paramedic Student in Ontario. In one of our classes we have been assigned a project to learn about and provide a presentation for our class on how EMS Services are run across the country. We were assigned PEI, but unfortunately have not had much luck finding information online.
We have found all of the articles about your recent changes (including this message board) but not much else. And the InfoPEI page comes up blank.
I was wondering if any of you would either be able to provide us with some information or point us in the right direction!

Any help would be extremely appreciated! You can PM me and I will send you my email address!

Thanks and all the best!
Meggie Cashman

PM sent...... ;)

bcfire

Postby bcfire » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:50 pm

Thanks and all the best!
Meggie Cashman[/QUOTE]

PM sent also.BCFIRE

iamvff

Postby iamvff » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:36 pm

bcfire wrote:Any help would be extremely appreciated! You can PM me and I will send you my email address!

Thanks and all the best!
Meggie Cashman
PM sent also.BCFIRE[/QUOTE]
Send maps as well!! ;)

iamvff
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010