Manitoba ambulance fleet replacement program complete

five_alarm

Manitoba ambulance fleet replacement program complete

Postby five_alarm » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:18 pm

WINNIPEG, MB - The Manitoba government has completed the replacement of fleet ambulances across the province, Health Minister Tim Sale announced today. "The province has invested more than $15 million in 160 new ambulances to upgrade emergency services in Manitoba," said Sale. The fleet was replaced over a period of five years, with 60 ambulances purchased in 2001 and 80 more purchased between 2002 and 2005. The final 20 ambulances will be delivered to regional health authorities later this month.
Source: winnipegsun.com

DFCSmash

Postby DFCSmash » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:51 pm

Good for you Tim. All proud now, aren't we? Surprise, the first of those new buses are now 5 years old. Time to start again!

Self serving school teacher in charge of health.

Before the province took over there were damn few rigs older than 5 years anywhere in the province. Now they'll get treated like scholl buses. 20 years in service. I can see it coming!
This is of course only my opinion. But then again, what else matters? It is not necessarily the opinion or policy of the department I belong to or the community I live in.

DCCHam "I agree with DFCSmash though"
goosebump "I have to agree with DFCSMASH"
iamvff "I need to borrow some of that good ole common sense of yours"
ScubaJude "DFCS-Great Reply"
PellattFire "I like your way of thinking though"

Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society
"Like we need your support"

Gumballs

Postby Gumballs » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:10 pm

DFCSmash wrote:Before the province took over there were damn few rigs older than 5 years anywhere in the province.

I will have to disagree with you on this one. From experience, when the province took over supplying ambulances there were several trucks 10 years and older. In fact, I know of one service that purchased a seven year old ambulance and then proceeded to operate it for an additional five years.

Crestline may not be the best ones out there but, compared to some of the ambulances that some medics were forced to work out of, these fleet vehicles are definitely a step up.