Toronto to buy EMS equipment without bids

five_alarm

Toronto to buy EMS equipment without bids

Postby five_alarm » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:11 pm

TORONTO, ON - The City of Toronto is going ahead with three sole-source contracts worth millions of dollars for new ambulance equipment, despite objections from some councillors. "There are people who want to bid, and we're saying you can't bid," Councillor Mike Del Grande told city council during debate yesterday about sole-source contracts for 220 Motorola radios, 200 new cardiac monitor defibrillators and portable wireless patient record-keeping devices — the latter two products made by Zoll Medical Canada Inc. of Mississauga.
Source: thestar.com

Diazepam9844

diazepam where is buy

Postby Diazepam9844 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:56 pm

I found where we can buy cheap diazepam
see here valium

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:58 pm

Knowing the shaved weasel running the show right now and his hand picked yes men/weaslettes it will still be craptacular.

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

northernmedic

Postby northernmedic » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:34 pm

Hopefully the bosses will spring for the NIBP and maybe 12 leads on the new Zoll's. Not a Zoll fan myself, way prefer my Medtronic products.

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:12 pm

northernmedic wrote:Hopefully the bosses will spring for the NIBP and maybe 12 leads on the new Zoll's. Not a Zoll fan myself, way prefer my Medtronic products.

The 12 lead would be nice for them.Me myself I am not a big fan of the NIBP I find its faster and more accurate to go manual even if its just by palp for a quick baseline.

But really what does it matter to me? I am coming up on 5 years free of stretcher humping.

I just still have no respect for the upper mgt at TOEMS you can lways count on them to do the wrong thing.

Dentedhead.
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

AnotherMedic

Purchase is second attempt

Postby AnotherMedic » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:12 am

This purchase is the result of a failed purchase attempt with Medtronic products. They purchased the Medussa eACR software from Medtronic and the software has serious issues. They are a year behind and looking at another year to get it working. This purchase from what I know of the other dabacle was sole sourced because no one else has viable software currently. As well, the software currently is proprietary and interfaces for other brands of machines are not readily available in the new version. It would seem that the "Shaved Head" you are speaking of gave up on Medtronic and went with their old reliable...Zoll. (Who has given them great service since the original PD1600 and M Series purchases). I was dealing with a similar purchase with my former employer and dealt wtih this person on a regular basis for information etc.