Military Contractor In Afghanistan Affiliation Question

ALS, ACP, PCP, Etc..
Medjedi911

Military Contractor In Afghanistan Affiliation Question

Postby Medjedi911 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:01 pm

Hey guys, so I am a Paramedic in Afghanistan and have just had a (figurative) bomb dropped on me. The company I work for said they were going to re-cert us for this coming re-cert rotation (U.S. NREMT standards) and just told all of us today, 77 days until due date, that they actually are not going to. So I sit here in my room freaking out over how few days I have left to (A. Fly back to the states and complete my 72 hours for refresher requirements, and (B. the really big issue how in the HELL I'm going to find someone to be my Affiliating Agency, to sign off on all my stuff. Any ideas on what the hell I can do or who I could talk to, to try and Affiliate with someone quickly?!?!? Thanks.

Adam82

Postby Adam82 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:27 pm

[quote=""Medjedi911""]Hey guys, so I am a Paramedic in Afghanistan and have just had a (figurative) bomb dropped on me. The company I work for said they were going to re-cert us for this coming re-cert rotation (U.S. NREMT standards) and just told all of us today, 77 days until due date, that they actually are not going to. So I sit here in my room freaking out over how few days I have left to (A. Fly back to the states and complete my 72 hours for refresher requirements, and (B. the really big issue how in the HELL I'm going to find someone to be my Affiliating Agency, to sign off on all my stuff. Any ideas on what the hell I can do or who I could talk to, to try and Affiliate with someone quickly?!?!? Thanks.[/quote]

Try checking http://www.paramedicrefresher.com

I heard a lot of people using them. They are certified same as an in-class instructor, it's a full refresher course worth 48 hours. If you need 72 then they offer additional courses on top of it. Can all be done online I would assume?