Paramedic (PCP) Program

ALS, ACP, PCP, Etc..
Carr_22

Paramedic (PCP) Program

Postby Carr_22 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Hello, I've been accepted into a PCP program for the 2016 start @ Georgian and Niagara so far. Just wondering what people's experiences were with the program; what did you like/dislike, struggle with, or anything else you would like to talk about.
Id like to hear from current students or graduates but really I'd be happy to hear from anyone willing to share their feelings about the PCP program.
Thanks

Labrie

Postby Labrie » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Niagara's reputation isn't the greatest anymore amongst paramedics. I'd inquire if their course pass rates are still at 50% or if they've finally brought them back up again.

LincweldR

Postby LincweldR » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Oh they have brought them back up but not by raising their candidates more by lowering the bar. Go to Georgian they will teach you to the level of PCP AIV with the entire scope of practice. NC will teach you to the barest bones they have to and include no auxillary protocols. You will do IVs in clinical settings but not in scenarios etc.

StreetTripleR

Postby StreetTripleR » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:05 pm

Does anyone know how good Humber, Georgian, Algonquin, and St Lawrence are for their PCP programs? I'm deciding on which one to go in a couple of years.

Probie91

Postby Probie91 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:35 am

[quote=""StreetTripleR""]Does anyone know how good Humber, Georgian, Algonquin, and St Lawrence are for their PCP programs? I'm deciding on which one to go in a couple of years.[/quote]

I've had a few friends/classmates go to Humber, and most of them are now hired. I also know someone who went to Georgian, as well as Fleming, and out of the three, I was told Fleming was on the lower end of the spectrum, with regards to tools or some such thing? perhaps they meant funding?

I've heard that Humber's acceptance is solely based on an admission test also, not that it really matters all that much, once you're in.

I also know some TEMS proctors who rather like what Humber seems to be giving them, so there's that. Take it all with however many grains of salt as you wish :)

LincweldR

Postby LincweldR » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:13 pm

Personally if money and location aren't a factor I would err towards Georgian with Humber being a close second for all of the colleges whose students I have seen.