North West Fire Rescue & Training

Firemedicsafety

Nicely Put

Postby Firemedicsafety » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:35 am

Well put guys. I still work for NWFR. I can tell you for certain that I have never worked for or with any other industrial fire company that cares as much about their clients and the people on the sites they work. I also don't know of a single other oilfield fire company that sets the bar as high as they do with respect to the qualifications of their staff - and then drill them regularly to make sure they can actually do it.

I know this forum is supposed to allow for free exchange of ideas and experiences, but I hate it when these conversations end up all negative because some ex-employee or envious competitor wants to talk smack. It's a free world. If you don't like the company, move on. If you suck at your job or have a bad attitude, NWFR doesn't want you anyway.

They are smaller than some of the giants, but where else are you going to have a chance to work side-by-side with owners and management right on the jobsite and have a beer with them (after the work is done) when it's deserved? I like NOT being a number. I love being part of a safety company that truly works hard to protect their client's interests.

BTDT

Postby BTDT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:24 pm

Well holy shit, they give Airmiles.

Move to the head of the line.

nholtner

NWFR Hiring fall 2013

Postby nholtner » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:00 pm

INDUSTRIAL FIREFIGHTERS AND MEDICS NEEDED!

-Immediate Casual/Part-Time Positions
-Opportunity for Full-Time Advancement
-Future Career Appointments

Minimum requirements needed for:

INDUSTRIAL FIREFIGHTER:
-Standard First-aid with CPR
-NFPA 1001 Level 1 & 2 OR NFPA 1081
-NFPA 472: Awareness
-H2S Alive
-WHIMIS
-TDG
-Minimum Valid class 5 license (Preference will be given to class 3 holders or higher)

INDUSTRIAL MEDIC:
-Valid CPR for HCP
-Up-to-date registration with ACP at current medical level (EMR, EMT, Paramedic)
-H2S Alive
-WHIMIS
-TDG
-Valid class 5 license
Minimum Prerequisites Required For:

*Preference for hiring and advancement will be given to those who are cross-trained and fall under both firefighter and medic categories. candidates must be willing to be away from home for minimum 2 weeks, as well as travel throughout western Canada. Successful candidates must reside or agree to staff housing options within 200km of one of Northwest Fire Rescue and Training’s service centers when on call.

Please email your resume or fax it to 1-780-967-1032 today! Also check us out on Facebook and at nwfr.net

mmcleodk

Postby mmcleodk » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Just got brought on as an EMR with NWFR, looking forward to starting with them in December

surfelf

Postby surfelf » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:58 pm

How much does an EMR make .