American Fire Schools for Re Cert?

xdndarffie

American Fire Schools for Re Cert?

Postby xdndarffie » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Do any Canadian Airport Fire Services use american fire training centers for their ARFF recertification? If you do please let me know who you are using and what you think.

Our guys really need a break from our current provider.

Sweetcracker

Postby Sweetcracker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:36 pm

We have used 2 Collages in the states, Big bend in Mosses Lake Washington and Collage of the rockeys in Helina Montana... Mosses lake is good because they still use diesel for there fires but they are not so orginized and Helina has a really nice set up as far as classroom, equipment, and trainner... but its propane...

Good luck

xdndarffie

Postby xdndarffie » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:30 am

Thanks I will look at them. We are looking at few options for next year. A few of our guys just came back from re cert and they were laughing. One person missed the plane completely and they passed him. Notes on the evaluation said great application.

DFC

Postby DFC » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 pm

[quote=""xdndarffie""]Thanks I will look at them. We are looking at few options for next year. A few of our guys just came back from re cert and they were laughing. One person missed the plane completely and they passed him. Notes on the evaluation said great application.[/quote]

Where did you do your recerts that this was the case?
"If you don't know where your going, any road will get you there"

xdndarffie

Postby xdndarffie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:11 pm

I will private message you. not here to slam the institute.

firetime

Postby firetime » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:57 am

Ithink I know what institute you are talking about. Good friend says the exact same thing. Rochester can certify you. Ottawa Aiport has gone in the past because of issues with another training center. Cheaper too.