Source: The Owen Sound Sun Times (click for full story)OWEN SOUND, ON - Owen Sound firefighters responded to a report of smoke coming from Ryerson Apartments Tuesday shortly after 9 a.m. and discovered an apartment containing a Syrian refugee family was filled with smoke.
French fries were being cooked in oil which was too hot, which caused the smoke on their electric stove, Fire Chief Doug Barfoot said in an interview.
The fire department's fire prevention officer met with the refugee sponsors and with the refugee family later Tuesday. The department arranged to translate fire safety information into a language the refugees understood. The information concerned cooking with oil and smoke alarms.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests