CF Firefighter Trade Now Accepting Direct Entry Applicants

Ruspic

Postby Ruspic » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:40 pm

[quote=""joe43""]Passed my aptitude test for the fire fighter trade and awaiting medical and Interview. How long does this phase generally take? then what comes after that? Feel free to respond or PM me.

Thanks[/quote]

Hey Joe,

Did you happen to ask if they require you to sign 9yrs/a clause preventing early resignation?

Thanks

ndvfd_ff33

Postby ndvfd_ff33 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:57 pm

[quote=""Ruspic""]Hey Joe,

Did you happen to ask if they require you to sign 9yrs/a clause preventing early resignation?

Thanks[/quote]

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if trade qualified CF members with time in have to sign a clause when doing an OT then direct entry people will be required to as well.
Last edited by ndvfd_ff33 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 8888 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 am

Would anybody know if the CF still offers the r
FF trade in the reserve?

The recruiters don't seem to know much about the trade being offered as reserve.
Last I heard the reserve for fire was only offered to those living in Ontario.
On the website the cf ff trade is offered as reg and reserve.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Cheers

yuckotheclown

Postby yuckotheclown » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Seeing lots of different answers here. The initial contract you sign is 9 years. 4 of those years are restricted (no remuster/release). After the initial 4 years, it'll bring you to your QL5's, where you need to sign another 5 year restricted contract (so 9 years in total). Also, CFFCA just got the green light from IFSAC to start giving certs again. I think there's a total of 18 seals that have been approved. Cheers!