Military Firefighter contract duration

jbelanger93

Military Firefighter contract duration

Postby jbelanger93 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Hey all,

I had a quick question regarding the duration of a contract as a military firefighter. I keep hearing from people that a contract as a military firefighter is about 5 years long but when I've spoken to recruiters, they've said something along the lines of 9 years. I've also looked at some of the threads on the forum and still don't quite get an answer. (Might also be because I don't understand the jargon) If someone could give me a little clarification on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JBowersFF4

Postby JBowersFF4 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:45 pm

[quote=""jbelanger93""]Hey all,

I had a quick question regarding the duration of a contract as a military firefighter. I keep hearing from people that a contract as a military firefighter is about 5 years long but when I've spoken to recruiters, they've said something along the lines of 9 years. I've also looked at some of the threads on the forum and still don't quite get an answer. (Might also be because I don't understand the jargon) If someone could give me a little clarification on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks![/quote]

9 year contract. 3 years restricted, meaning you 'can't' get out. Obviously there's loop holes.

whit0629

Postby whit0629 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:43 pm

[quote=""JBowersFF4""]9 year contract. 3 years restricted, meaning you 'can't' get out. Obviously there's loop holes.[/quote]

*Cough cough* lawyer *cough cough*