Extrication course RS rescue

RIT, Hazmat, Auto-Ex, High Angle and Ropes, Ice/ Water, Confined Spaces, Search & Rescue
RopeRescue101

Extrication course RS rescue

Postby RopeRescue101 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Has anyone taken NFPA 1670 extrication course from RS resume is it accredited, is it worth my time ? Has pretty good reviews... does it have any sorta value to a resume ?

TheGuy

Re: Extrication course RS rescue

Postby TheGuy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Says right on their site "NFPA 1670 compliant Awareness Level and Operations Level Vehicle Rescue certificate will be issued upon completion"

RopeRescue101

Postby RopeRescue101 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:57 pm

So compliant isn’t the way to go ? Gotta be NFPA certified? Is this course a waste ?

TheGuy

Postby TheGuy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:17 pm

RopeRescue101 wrote:So compliant isn’t the way to go ? Gotta be NFPA certified? Is this course a waste ?
Haven't taken it, can't say if it's a waste exactly. I'd just shop around to make sure you're getting the best course

DaneGerousHow

Postby DaneGerousHow » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:05 am

RS Rescue offers a great course, I've taken it all the way through to their Tech 2 course.
John O'Blenis, the head instructor, is one of the most knowledgeable individuals you'll ever come across on the topic of extrication. I've taken plenty of Auto-X through school and as a volly and have found his courses to be the most thorough and challenging.

In regards to the certificate, at this time it isn't "NFPA", simply a certificate stating that the training you received is NFPA Compliant. It is still valuable on your resume, many of the training companies out there, in any discipline, offer only "NFPA Compliant" certificates. The struggle in finding ones that give you the actual NFPA certificate, comes from the fact that the person that instructs you can't be the one to test you, which means that often times someone from the Ontario Fire College has to test you, which can be difficult to schedule.

With regional OFC locations beginning to be set up throughout the province, this should become easier to acquire in the future.

I know Johnny O has been working on this for some time, your best bet is to contact him for more info on that, but as far as his courses, they are phenomenal!

RopeRescue101

Postby RopeRescue101 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:21 pm

Exactly the answer I was looking for . Thank you so much !!! I know OFM testing for NFPA 1006 certs aren’t even mandated I don’t believe yet . I’ve read tons of forums and info even the IFSAC website and there’s only a test for dope rescue core level 1 not even level 2 or tech so I’m thinking the NFPA compliant certs are great for resume building. That was my first instinct anyways ... what other courses or any other info that can put me above the rest ? You sound very knowledgeable thank you for your time !