Smoking!

We all know anyone involved in the firefighting and rescue community is no stranger to stress...
LTPVFD

Good Luck

Postby LTPVFD » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:21 pm

Good luck Cindy.....we all know you can do it. :top:

And an early Happy Birthday wish for you also. :cheers:

Stay safe !!

LTPVFD
Safety First - EVERYONE Goes Home !!

wulf

You go!

Postby wulf » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Congrats! We're gonna hold you to that - I just celebrated my 1 year anniversary on the 27th - which pretty well confirms anybody should be able to kick the habit LOL. You'll notice the difference pretty quick; its a bitch for a little while, but believe me, you'll be glad you did it!
Good luck!!

9lives

Postby 9lives » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:49 pm

With only one topic on the board, figured it was a good time to resurrect this cancerous thread. I'm 41 days with-out a cigar. Still miss them, but not nearly as much. It doesn't help that i'm on vacation, with all this idle time on my hands. Can anyone tell me when the cravings disappear completely. I'm thinking up to a year? thanx.

FLASHOVER05

Postby FLASHOVER05 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:29 pm

9lives wrote: Can anyone tell me when the cravings disappear completely. I'm thinking up to a year? thanx.

Don't count on anytime soon.... Sorry to burst your bubble but, the better news is they become easier to handle... good luck!

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:56 pm

Well kiddies as of 00:00 last night/this morning(never have figgered that out) it has been 1 whole year no smoking.Not one cheat havent even had any chaw for at least 10 months.

I gained about 25 pounds,but have half of that gone through diet and more of fat loss proigram than cardio at the gym.I rarely, if ever use my ventolin during allergy season.Other than those things I havent noticed all that much change.Other than not smelling like ciggarette smoke but that is a given.

I dont want to start again but I cant say never.Heres hoping I give the same update this time next year.

Mrs DH is still smoke free as well.

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

iamvff

Postby iamvff » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:22 pm

dentedhead wrote:Well kiddies as of 00:00 last night/this morning(never have figgered that out) it has been 1 whole year no smoking.Not one cheat havent even had any chaw for at least 10 months.

I gained about 25 pounds,but have half of that gone through diet and more of fat loss proigram than cardio at the gym.I rarely, if ever use my ventolin during allergy season.Other than those things I havent noticed all that much change.Other than not smelling like ciggarette smoke but that is a given.

I dont want to start again but I cant say never.Heres hoping I give the same update this time next year.

Dentedhead

Good for you two buddy! Your kids will love you even more for it! Keep it up my friend, from experience I can tell you it only gets easier!

iamvff
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010

FFWannabe

Postby FFWannabe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:24 pm

dentedhead wrote:Well kiddies as of 00:00 last night/this morning(never have figgered that out) it has been 1 whole year no smoking.Not one cheat havent even had any chaw for at least 10 months.

Dentedhead

That's really great dh... one year already, eh? It flies by, doesn't it?? I never say never either, it's like an alcoholic or other type of addict, you're always addicted, you just choose not to use!! Pretty empowering when you think about it... it's completely up to you!! Great job and congrats to Mrs.dh as well!!! YAAAYYY!!!

kriand

Postby kriand » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Dentedhead

Good going.....in no time you'll feel like a 30 y/o...the hard part,will MRS DH let you have a 30 y/o.

ABFF37

Postby ABFF37 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:15 pm

Hey congrats DH...that's great news!!!

AB :)

Fireguy999

Postby Fireguy999 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:43 pm

Dentedhead

Good job dentedhead!!!!!