Toronto 2020

bigsmoke

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby bigsmoke » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:42 pm

FireCand88 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:28 am
Any updates on the fall class after the budget cuts? Any info is always appreciated. Thanks!
Everything is up in the air. Current information is that the start date for the August class may be postponed due to budget and not being able to do medicals. The doctor is booked with NHL players. (He is the doc for the Leafs and another team now.)

This is the current thinking, nothing is for sure but it appears it could be the path.

If a large number of retirements occur then a class could be set for early in 2021.
Also, the budget is the other huge item. If you live in the city of Toronto call or email your local councillor and express your concern over cuts to the fire service.

You can be a part of the team ahead of being hired!
Keep your heads up and let's ope for new developments !!

industrialfirefighter

Postby industrialfirefighter » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:15 pm

bigsmoke wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:42 pm
FireCand88 wrote:
Any updates on the fall class after the budget cuts? Any info is always appreciated. Thanks!
Everything is up in the air. Current information is that the start date for the August class may be postponed due to budget and not being able to do medicals. The doctor is booked with NHL players. (He is the doc for the Leafs and another team now.)

This is the current thinking, nothing is for sure but it appears it could be the path.

If a large number of retirements occur then a class could be set for early in 2021.
Also, the budget is the other huge item. If you live in the city of Toronto call or email your local councillor and express your concern over cuts to the fire service.

Bigsmoke,

Thanks for the info and for keeping us in the loop, it helps to hear anything. To clarify, the fall class could to delayed until early 2021?

Thanks!

User511111

Postby User511111 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:03 pm

I see Toronto Fire posted for multiple dispatch positions today .hopefully that's a good sign for us that they are still willing to hire during covid times .

bigsmoke

Postby bigsmoke » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:45 pm

industrialfirefighter wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:15 pm
bigsmoke wrote:
FireCand88 wrote:

Bigsmoke,

Thanks for the info and for keeping us in the loop, it helps to hear anything. To clarify, the fall class could to delayed until early 2021?

Thanks!
Possibly yes, unfortunately.

industrialfirefighter

Postby industrialfirefighter » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:33 pm

bigsmoke wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:45 pm
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:15 pm
bigsmoke wrote:

Bigsmoke,

Thanks!
Possibly yes, unfortunately.
Sucky news to hear, but as always the reply is very much appreciated! Stay patient folks.

Thanks Bigsmoke

bigsmoke

Postby bigsmoke » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:49 pm

BUT WAIT!

As I have said many times things can change on a moment's notice with any department recruitment.
Stand by for a possible and I say possible announcement about a Fall class, (moved from August) and new recruitment.

Fall class will be those who are waiting for a medical.
Recruitment will be for 2021.

This is all tentative but is being discussed.

TheGuy

Postby TheGuy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:11 pm

bigsmoke wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:49 pm
BUT WAIT!

As I have said many times things can change on a moment's notice with any department recruitment.
Stand by for a possible and I say possible announcement about a Fall class, (moved from August) and new recruitment.

Hah! beat me to it. Too on the ball there big smoke.

Class possibly starting within the next couple of months

FireGuy2121

Postby FireGuy2121 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:13 pm

Is the possible 2021 recruitment going to open late 2020 or Early 2021?

industrialfirefighter

Postby industrialfirefighter » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 pm

TheGuy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:11 pm
bigsmoke wrote:
BUT WAIT!

Im liking what I here, exciting news! Thank you both for letting us all know!

bigsmoke

Postby bigsmoke » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:43 am

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 pm
TheGuy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:11 pm
bigsmoke wrote:
BUT WAIT!

Im liking what I here, exciting news! Thank you both for letting us all know!
Current plan is a recruitment this fall for classes starting in 2021